Monday, November 29, 2010

Plumeria Breeze Hand Painted Chandelier

"Plumeria Breeze", a hand-painted glass chandelier that includes elegant hand forged iron fixture and is ready to install. Jenny Floravita's Hand Painted Chandeliers can be purchased through Jenny Floravita's website http://www.floravitalights.com

This is my newest 24" glass hand painted chandelier. I wanted to create a "plumeria flower only" piece but of course I couldn't resist adding the Hawaiian liwi. On my first trip to the Hawaiian islands I kept smelling this incredible fragrance. I was staying in a resort on Ka'anapali Beach in Maui with my parents. Finally I asked what flower was creating his heavenly sent and of course it was plumeria. It's funny to think all these years later that I didn't know about plumerias which is also my favorite inspiration in perfumes.


Plumeria Breeze is quite exotic and I took full advantage of the fact that plumerias come in many colors though I stayed with the rounded flower shape that you see most often in the Hawaiian Islands as opposed to the pointer varieties.

I've allowed sections of blue sky to peek out at the top of the glass which help to add a bit of color variety to the sunset colors that dominate this chandelier. This is truly a beautiful hand painted chandelier! It's one of my best, not to mention most unique chandelier yet.

To see more reverse painted glass chandeliers and art by Jenny Floravita, please visit my websites: www.floravitalights.com and www.floravita.com