Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reverse Painted Glass Chandelier with tropical birds

glass painting, Parrot Floral, includes irons, electrical, chain and canopy
Reverse Painted Glass Chandelier Lamps can be purchased from the artist, Jenny Floravita

Painted chandeliers are a wonderful way to illuminate a room. They bring such warmth with colors and imagery. This is the other side to Parrot Floral, which I sold a few months ago...still this piece inspires me to paint. And though each piece is different in colors, choice of flowers, birds and animals, I still study the works that I have done in the past and the parts that I felt worked particularly well.

In this piece, I loved the way the flowers form the background for the blue and yellow Macaw and how the piece transforms into cooler blues and violets on the other side. Even the tropical red flowers have a cooler feeling.

Please visit my website at: www.floravita.com